What do your shoes say about you?
The way that we present ourselves gives off messages about what kind of person we are, the life we live, our interests, our confidence, our sense of style, often without us even realizing it! Today we are going to look at what your shoes say about you, and some of the common shoe sins that people commit.
So many people think that shoes are the one thing that people don’t really notice in an outfit… I beg to differ! You’d be surprised how shoes can make or break your look.
Isn't it a terrible shame to have a great outfit fall short because of an unattractive pair of clodhoppers? At the office, parties, and in our daily lives we witness this unfortunate phenomenon. All of us have seen others, or worse ourselves, let footwear drag down a great look instead of being the crowning jewel to complete it.
So what are some of those nasty shoe sins that people slip up on?
- Jeans with running shoes (running shoes are for running!) Sneakers are ok, but they need to be more of a street shoe, rather than a running shoe.
- Suits with skate shoes
- Socks with sandals or jandals
- Scuffed or dirty shoes
- Shoes you can’t walk in properly (too high or uncomfortable)
- Black shoes with white socks (especially if your trousers are too short)
- Stockings with open toed shoes (unless extremely sheer toe)
What do our shoes say about us? What messages do they send out?
- Strappy high stilettos - they make for a very sexy look are ok for a night out, but keep them away from the office, and especially job interviews, as they aren’t a respectable corporate style, go for closed toe pumps.
- Ballet flats – current, stylish and yet practical and comfortable, friendly
- Converse sneakers – popular, casual, arty, laid-back cool
- Fashion boots – keeps up with the latest, likes to be noticed, current
- Bold, colourful or patterned shoes – confident, loves to be noticed, creative, stylish
- Crocs – not my favourite shoes at all – they are all about comfort, but not style
- Running shoes while not running – This says "I haven’t taken any thought to what I’m wearing. These are my one and only pair of shoes."
- Men’s slip-on smart, stylish shoes – confident, stylish, good taste, attention to detail
If you'd like some help shopping for shoes, or anything else, see our services for details.
© Copyright 2017 Outfit - Personal Style Consultancy