We all have those blah days in which we feel frumpy, fat or just generally very unattractive. But do we just have to suffer through them, or is there a way to trick the mind and the eye?
Here are some of my tips for avoiding fat days:
- Pre-planning – Have in mind some no-fail outfits in which you know you look good. If you know that something fits well, and the outfit looks good as a whole, you have more confidence than if you just chuck on the first thing you see in your closet.
- Buy clothes that fit you well – don’t buy a size too small hoping that you’ll loose weight. Also, if you’ve put on weight and something doesn’t fit you properly anymore, don’t wear it, you’ll only depress yourself further. Ill fitting clothing actually makes you look bigger.
- Don’t wear anything too big, or too small. Too big and you’ll look frumpy, too small and you’ll look pudgy.
Some styles of clothing will just not look good on certain figure types. If you don’t know what to avoid for your body-shape you could be causing yourself unnecessary fat days. Getting a Body-shape Analysis will let you know what works for you and what doesn’t. Check out our services for more details.
- Avoid horizontal stripes, or noticeable seams, horizontal lines make you appear wider. Go for vertical lines instead.
- Try wearing just one colour on both top & bottom, or different shades of the same colour. This makes you look more slender, as the eye doesn’t stop at a mid-way colour change, but keeps going.
- Here is the simple rule of thumb: Wear darker, plainer colours on your areas of figure challenge, your larger half. Wear lighter, brighter colours and patterns or texture on your smaller half. The eye will be drawn to the lighter, brighter shades, and skip over the darker shades.
- Wear colours that suit you – this always brightens up your face, and makes you look healthier and happier. It’s like an instant face-lift. If you’re not sure of what colours suit you, come for a Colour Consultation.
- Take an extra 5 minutes to do your hair & makeup. It will make you feel more attractive and ready to face the day.
- Treat yourself to a nice cup of coffee!
© Copyright 2017 Outfit - Personal Style Consultancy